[OC] Notes on Vikings vs Bucs

Sept 29, 2017 15:29:38 GMT -6 9 Replies
Missed last week but we’re back this week and with Gifs too!

PFF HIGHEST DEFENSIVE GRADE
Linval Joseph 83.3
Ever since Linval Joseph joined the Vikings he was an elite run defender, anchoring the middle of our defense. He’s the rare DT who will take on a double team, keeping the LB clean and still make the tackle. One on one he’s virtually unblockable and we’ve witnessed him single handedly shut down opposing teams run games. We’ve also witnessed the growth he’s made as a pass rusher and this year he’s better than ever. Interior pressure is the most dangerous pressure in football and lead to collapsed pockets and QBs bailing right into the welcoming arms of a DE. Joseph has become the pocket collapser the Vikings have needed allowing every other pass rusher to become that much more impactful.

Vs Tampa Bay Joseph was a mountain of mayhem, putting in his usual work vs the run game while repeatedly walking Tampa Bay’s C back into Jameis Winston's lap.

Early in the first quarter he shakes off a cutblock like it never happened and gets lateral making a tackle for no gain, 300+ lb men aren’t supposed to move sideways like this.

Here Linval absolutely whips the OG. A quick throw prevented a sack but it’s good to see him beat his man so quickly and cleanly.

In the 3rd quarter we see the effect pushing the pocket has. Linval executes a bullrush that forces Winston to bail from the pocket and scramble for only 4 yards.

Here’s another example of Linval’s excellence in the run game. The Bucs try to block him one on one and it’s almost not fair the way he destroys this blocker and makes a tackle for 2 yards

PFF HIGHEST OFFENSIVE GRADE
Stefon Diggs 89.7
Stefon Diggs is on fire to start the season and is showing the league he’s a top 10 WR when healthy. This game was more of the same with Diggs’ showing off his accuracy erasing ability, elite level route running and run after the catch skills.

We kick it off to an incompletion in the first quarter. Diggs absolutely works the CB on a post route but Keenum throws an awful pass to the numbers. This would’ve been an easy pick if Diggs didn’t manage to track the ball and barely miss on pulling it in.

The first play of the 2nd quarter Diggs turns the CB inside, picking up 17 yards on the very inaccurate pass. The theme of Diggs wrecking CBs in man coverage would last the entire game.

With less than a minute to go in the first half Diggs highpoints an underthrown ball on a corner route for a TD. If Keenum led Diggs with the pass he would’ve caught an easy TD, instead, he gets a highlight reel TD.

Diggs owned the highlight reel on Sunday with his second TD being even more spectacular than the last. On a 3rd and 3 he burns the CB, shakes off a defensive holding call, then shields the defender from the ball, slips a tackle, and runs an additional 40 yards for a TD. This is peak Stefon Diggs from the route to the catch to the run after the catch to the celebrating from 15 yards out.

Notes:
Anthony Barr
Barr looks like he’s shaken off the awful season last year to rejoin the ranks of living LBs and not walking piles of hot garbage. He might not reach the heights of 2 years ago but it’s good to see him making plays in coverage again.

Case Keenum
This was a peak Keenum game, with him giving his WRs a chance to make plays on the ball downfield. His shaky ball placement shows that it is somewhat of a mirage but I believe Keenum is at the very least a good backup QB. And not that backup who’s a game manager bullcrap people spout. Like he’s a I can play good football, but I’m streaky. AKA a real backup.

Mackensie Alexander
I wholeheartedly believe he is a much better outside CB than Waynes and I hope he replaces him by the end of the season.

Dalvin Cook
Dude looks like a not as good AD. Bad in pass pro, meh hands but man can this dude run. He breaks a tackle on seemingly every run and is such a smooth runner is beautiful to watch.

Pat Shurmur
Our offensive schemes look good… for now.

[OC] Notes on Vikings vs Bucs

Shoutbox

salamander: Not feeling good unless we can find a QB. Haven't had a great one in a looooooong time. Feb 22, 2024 13:43:06 GMT -6
Reignman: March 11th, 2024 will live in history as Kirk Cousins Independence Day *cheerleader* Mar 11, 2024 16:34:20 GMT -6
salbrecht: Why can Pittsburg sign Russel Wilson fo 1.2 million and we get Sam Darnold for 10 million?? Mar 13, 2024 18:31:25 GMT -6
Reignman: when you put it like that, it's a real head scratcher, but this franchise is all about their precious culture, so I imagine they passed on a guy like Russ over something silly like that ... Darnold will have a big smile when he's throwing all the INT's Mar 14, 2024 17:44:47 GMT -6
shandman: If I am NE, I seriously consider getting Justin Fields and roll with Fields/Brisset this year.

For Vikings to actually pull this off they probably have to trade #11, #23 and 2025 first rounder. In return, they hopefully get #3 overall this year and NE's
Mar 15, 2024 19:29:01 GMT -6
glenwo2: Saying that Darnold will have a big smile when he's throwing all the INT's is quite the Take, Reignman. Mar 16, 2024 20:17:05 GMT -6
Nemesis: Good grief....first I hear....and then I hear...I think I better go back to being gone. *woot* ??? Mar 22, 2024 15:24:17 GMT -6
Norseman: You were gone? Mar 22, 2024 22:30:40 GMT -6
Nemesis: I'm a long gone daddy www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtpe6_2nCts Mar 23, 2024 9:39:00 GMT -6
glenwo2: Norseman is Nemesis' Daddy! You heard it here first, folks. Mar 25, 2024 12:26:17 GMT -6
glenwo2: I'm kidding of course, Nemesis. :) Mar 25, 2024 12:27:05 GMT -6
Norseman: How do you know that it isn't true? Mar 25, 2024 14:28:23 GMT -6
glenwo2: Because Nemesis is the Mod and I'm just a punk rookie acting like a goofball. Mar 25, 2024 16:57:35 GMT -6
Nemesis: Plus glenwo2 is probably my dad, he just likes messing with me from the beyond. Mar 26, 2024 17:13:40 GMT -6
Reignman: Oh great, Nemesis believes in ghosts now too? Did ghost dad remember his name or only the first initial after you recited the alphabet? Apr 1, 2024 22:17:26 GMT -6
Nemesis: We agreed before he died that he would use the name "glenwo" and contact me on the PP shoutbox, but the "2" has me a bit confused. Did I miss his first attempt at contact? Apr 5, 2024 8:22:45 GMT -6
glenwo2: Well glenwo1 was busy that day.... Apr 6, 2024 3:01:11 GMT -6
Nemesis: This is amazing. That's exactly what he told me he would say! :'( Apr 13, 2024 16:48:32 GMT -6
slidell: Sell out and do what it takes to get Daniels.Mccarthy and Maye are Ponders waiting to happen Apr 22, 2024 14:37:23 GMT -6
SiteWolf: What about Daniels separates him that much from Maye? His old team didn't whine when he left ASU, his frame as it is right now will struggle to stay healthy with his playing style...so is he really the better prospect? Apr 24, 2024 13:47:01 GMT -6
Shout as:
Refresh
  • Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline
  • Strikethrough
  • Link
  • Insert Smiley
0/256 Send Cancel
© 2022 Purple Pain Forums

Purple Pain Forums is an independent fan website and not associated with the Minnesota Vikings or the National Football League (NFL). The content posted by individuals on this website reflect their personal opinions and in no way reflect the views of the Minnesota Vikings, NFL, or associated properties. Purple Pain Forums and its affiliates are not responsible for any content posted by our users as it is the property of the poster.